ACS709 Current Sensor Carrier -75A to +75A - PL-2199 info
ACS709 Current Sensor Carrier is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s ACS709LLFTR-35BB-T Hall effect-based linear current sensor with overcurrent fault output. The sensor has an operating voltage of 3 V to 5.5 V and an output sensitivity of 18.5 mV/A when Vcc is 3.3 V (or 28 mV/A when Vcc is 5 V). The following list details some of the sensor’s key features:
- Optimized accuracy for bidirectional input current from -37.5 A to 37.5 A, with a linear sensing range from -75 A to 75 A (see warning note below for thermal limitations).
- Conductive path internal resistance is typically 1.1 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Integrated shield greatly reduces capacitive coupling from current conductor to die and prevents offset drift in high-side applications.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (up to 2.1 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 120 kHz bandwith that can optionally be decreased by adding a capacitor across the board pins marked “FILT”.
- High accuracy and reliability: typical total output error of 2% at room temperature with factory calibration, an extremely stable quiescent output voltage
- Automotive-grade operating temperature range of -40°C to 150°C.
- User-settable overcurrent threshold: FAULT pin output latches low when current exceeds the configured threshold
ACS709 Current Sensor Carrier -75A to +75A - General Specifications
- High accuracy and reliability
- Optimized accuracy between -37.A – 37.5A
- Reduced capacitive coupling
- Prevented offset drift in high side applications
- Can be inserted anywhere along the current path
- User settable overcurrent threshold
ACS709 Current Sensor Carrier -75A to +75A - Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: 0.82’’x0.9’’
- Weight: 1.7g
- Current sense: 0.018V/A
- Minimum logic voltage:3V
- Maximum logic voltage:5.5V
- Supply current:11mA
Allegro ACS709 current sensor datasheet
Pololu Web Site: https://www.pololu.com/product/2199