ACS711LC Current Sensor Carrier -12.5A to +12.5A - PL-2197 info
ACS711LC Current Sensor Carrier is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s ACS711KLCTR-12AB-T Hall effect-based linear current sensor with overcurrent fault output. This sensor has an operating voltage of 3 V to 5.5 V and an output sensitivity of 110 mV/A when Vcc is 3.3 V (or 167 mV/A when Vcc is 5 V). The following list details some of the sensor’s key features:
- Designed for bidirectional input current from -12.5 A to 12.5 A (though the robust sensor IC can tolerate 100 ms transient current spikes up to 100 A).
- Conductive path internal resistance is typically 1.2 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (for applications up to 100 V), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- 100 kHz bandwith.
- Good accuracy and reliability: factory calibration results in a typical total output error of ±5% at room temperature, the output offset voltage is extremely stable, and the sensor has zero magnetic hysteresis.
- Overcurrent FAULT output latches low when current magnitude exceeds 12.5 A.
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to 125°C.
ACS711LC Current Sensor Carrier -12.5A to +12.5A - General Specifications
- High accuracy and reliability
- Optimized accuracy between -12.5.A – 12.5A
- Very little power loss
- Can be inserted anywhere along the current path
ACS711LC Current Sensor Carrier -12.5A to +12.5A - Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: 0.7’’x0.8’’
- Weight: 1.3g
- Current sense: 0.110V/A
- Minimum logic voltage:3V
- Maximum logic voltage:5.5V
- Supply current:4mA
Allegro ACS711 current sensor datasheet
Pololu Web Site: https://www.pololu.com/product/2197