OO-KUMA Extruder 3mm Cleaning Filament info
Changing the material in extruders may cause clogging in extruders. OO-KUMA Extruder 3mm Cleaning Filament allows cleaning of extruders when changing between different materials. The filament is used to clean the inner walls of the extruder head and overcomes any possible clogging. Cleaning filaments are suggested for general maintenance of extruder pool and to clean clogged nozzles.
Note that the cleaning filaments are not for printing.
OO-KUMA Extruder 3mm Cleaning Filament - General Specifications
- Cleaning filament to overcome clogging problem in 3D printers
- 100g spool size
- 180-275°C working temperature range
OO-KUMA Extruder 3mm Cleaning Filament - Technical Specifications
- Spool Size: 100g
- Net Length: 40m
- Working Temperature Range: 180-275°C
- Feeding: Manual feed by aid of hand
- Chemical Structure: Non-toxic
- A printer prints ABS at 260degc and PLA at 220degC
- Last material used in printing is ABS
- Will be switched to PLA
- Extruder temperature is set to regular ABS working temperature. Cleaning filaments is fed through the extruder until all plastic residues leave out and clean transparent filament comes off the nozzle.
- Mid-Temperature is calculated as follows;
- (Tabs+Tpla)/2 = (260+220)/2 = 240degC
- PLA is fed at mid-temperature until it pushes out all cleaning filaments out of the nozzle
- Temperature is decreased to regular PLA working range until PLA is continously flowing through the nozzle
- Extruder head is completely clean and nozzle hole is fully open and pool is filled with PLA. Now you can start printing!
Note: When switching between colors (especially black) of same filament materials, it is advised to raise regular working temperature by 10°C and do the cleaning procedure.
Oo-Kuma Product Page: http://www.oo-kuma.com/store/p92/Extruder_Cleaning_Filament.html