USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi info
Make your Internet of Things device cable-free by using USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi. Take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Bone's USB port to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link. You'll have wireless Internet in 10 minutes! USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi works great with 802.11b/g/n networks.
When you don't need the small size of Stick-size WiFi adapter, USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi has a massive antenna for greater range! Please note the module has changed to an adapter that does not have a removable antenna
If using with a Beagle Bone: Because of the high power required by WiFi, a 5V 2A power adapter is required to power both the Bone and WiFi. Flaky behavior and crashes may result if this is not followed.
If using with a Raspberry Pi: The latest Wheezy distributions support this module out-of-the-box. Also, the Adafruit Occidentalis distribution has support built in.
USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi - General Specifications
- Raspberry Pi and Beagleboard compatible
- Works great with 802.11b/g/n
- Big antenna, great range
USB WiFi (802.11b/g/n) Module with Antenna for Raspberry Pi - Technical Specifications
- RTL8192cu Chipset
- Antenna Length: 150mm / 5.9"
- Weight: 6g
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11n (draft), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- Host Interface: High speed USB2.0/1.1 interface
- Data Rate:
- 802.11n: Up to 150Mbps (downlink) and up to 150Mbps (uplink)
- 802.11g: 54 / 48 / 36 / 24 / 18/ 12 / 9 / 6 Mbps auto fallback
- 802.11b: 11 / 5.5 / 2 / 1 Mbps auto fallback
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz ISM
- RF Frequency: 2412 ~ 2462 MHz (North America), 2412 ~ 2472 MHz (Europe), 2412 ~ 2484 MHz (Japan)
- Radio Channel: 1 ~ 14 channels (Universal Domain Selection)
- Range Coverage: Up to 3 times farther range than 802.11g
- Antenna Type: Integrated Antenna
- Roaming: Full mobility and seamless roaming from cell to cell
- RF Output Power: 13 ~17 dBm (Typical)
- 11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM with OFDM
- 11g: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, OFDM
- 11b: DQPSK, DBPSK, DSSS, CCK
- Data Security: 64/128-bit WEP Encryption
- WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK. TKIP/AES
- Network: Auto-switch to use 802.11n or 802.11g or 802.11b mode
Adafruit Web Site: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1030