Arduino VIDEO TUTORIALS 51061
Arduino Tutorial #1
GETTING STARTED AND CONNECTED!
The first Arduino tutorial on getting started and connecting it to your PC. In this video I cover the following:
-What is Arduino?
-What is a sketch?
-What is the Arduino (software) IDE (interactive development environment) arduino-1.0.1
-We take a look at the Arduno hardware.
-I cover how to download the Arduino Software and drivers and then how to install them.
-What happens when the Arduino USB device driver fails and how to solve it.
-I upload a sketch to the Arduino UNO R3 to test it and blink an LED.
-I discuss the project for tutorial #2, a voltmeter with Min Max Ave.
-I talk about the Sparkfun serial enabled 16 x 2 LCD and the challenges it poses.
Arduino Uno R3 features: ATmega328 micro controller, Input voltage – 7-12V, 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs), 6 Analogue Inputs, 32k Flash Memory , 16Mhz Clock Speed
Video Link - http://youtu.be/kLd_JyvKV4Y
Arduino Tutorial #2
SKETCH STRUCTURE, Variables, Procedures
In this Arduino tutorial we look at Sketch structure, variables and procedures.
* What is the sketch structure?
* What are variables and what types of variables – int, integer, float, floating point, byte, string array.
* The build of the voltage divider for the voltmeter can be found in the Ohms law tutorial:
* What is the Arduino (software) IDE (interactive development environment) arduino-1.0.1
* What is an Arduino library / libraries
* Arduino philosophy
* We take a look at the Arduno hardware.
* I discuss the project for the tutorial, a voltmeter with Min Max Ave.
* I talk about the Sparkfun serial enabled 16 x 2 LCD and the challenges it poses.
* I talk about the Sparkfun serial enabled 20 x 4 LCD.
* Arduino for beginners / dummies / newbies
Arduino Site: http://www.arduino.cc/
Arduino software / IDE: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Arduino forum: http://arduino.cc/forum/
Video Link - http://youtu.be/Ub_oYlCo3i0
Arduino Tutorial #3
Functions, Return Values, Variables
A tutorial on sketch structure, functions, return values and variables.
Items and topics covered in this video:
* Local and global variables
* Functions / procedures
* Return values from functions
* Sample sketch code that does Math / arithmetic and write to the terminal
* Some commands used: Serial.print; Serial.println, if, else, void setup, void loop, return
Video Link: http://youtu.be/kV7FKL9FtwM
Arduino Tutorial #4
LCD Displays, Libraries
A tutorial on interfacing LCDs (liquid crystal displays) with Arduino. We take a look at libraries and the role they play…and the potential issues, errors and troubleshooting involved. We look at several types of displays but concentrate on the 4×20 Sparkfun serial enabled LCD display.
Video Link: http://youtu.be/X1BCvjxIDHM
Arduino Tutorial #5
Digital Voltmeter, Analog to Digital Converter
In this tutorial we look at a digital voltmeter project and how it used the Arduino analog input. This involves understanding ADC or analog to digital converters and how they work.
The Arduino Due is a microcontroller board based on the Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (datasheet). It is the first Arduino board based on a 32-bit ARM core microcontroller. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 12 can be used as PWM outputs), 12 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 84 MHz clock, an USB OTG capable connection, 2 DAC (digital to analog), 2 TWI, a power jack, an SPI header, a JTAG header, a reset button and an erase button.
Video Link: http://youtu.be/y-_Pkw_GQ-c
We also gave a quick peek at the Arduino DUE: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoar…
Thanks to Clarence of “Clarence’s Wicked Mind” for the original code that I used and updated for this project: http://www.clarenceho.net:8123/blog/a…
The sketch / project code for the digital voltmeter:: http://mjlorton.com/forum/index.php?t…
Also read Measuring Stuff – The Arduino DAQ Chronicles: https://sites.google.com/site/measuri…