Parrot Rolling Spider Robot (White)
Availability: SOLD OUT
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact drone controlled by smartphone. It can fly indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It can run from floor to ceiling and walls with its removable wheels. Since it is controlled by a smartphone, Rolling Spider can easily be ordered to perform its acrobatic tricks. As easy as swiping your finger!
Control of the Parrot Rolling Spider drone is handled by the use of the free app FreeFlight 3. The app connects your smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth Smart to your Parrot Rolling Spider drone and provides intuitive control over your drone. FreeFlight 3 is compatible with devices running iOS, Android or Windows Phone.
Parrot Rolling Spider is one of the world’s most stable drones. The great stability is due to the autopilot based on a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer. Parrot Rolling Spider also has a pressure sensor for measuring flight altitude, an ultrasonic sensor for precision flying near the ground and a vertical camera to measure the speed by comparing previous image. The main reason behind the great stability of Parrot Rolling Spider drone is this sophisticated technology based on sensor data fusion. Besides these, Parrot Rolling Spider has an exclusive free-fall take-off mode, meaning that when you drop the drone, its engines start.
Aside from measuring the speed of the drone, the vertical camera can be used to take photos while the drone is flying. Hitting the “photo” icon on the FreeFlight 3 App lets you take snapshots. The photos are then saved in the Rolling Spider’s memory. Note that the memory space is enough for several hundred photos.
Parrot Rolling Spider Robot - General Specifications
Parrot Rolling Spider Mini Drone features:
- An ultra compact drone with amazing stability and speed, indoors and outdoors
- Turns 900 and 1800 and performs acrobatic 3600 forward and backward flips
- Fitted with a propeller circuit-breaker in the event of a crash
- Removable wheels to roll anywhere: across the floor, up the walls or across the ceiling
- Take aerial shots like selfies from the sky with the embedded vertical mini-camera
- FreeFlight 3 app offers an intuitive control from your smartphone or tablet through Bluetooth® Smart and is free
- Lithium-Polymer battery, rechargeable and removable, lasts up to 8 minutes and full recharge in 1 hour
- Plastic structure with specific design for robustness
- Great stability provided by data fusion of an ultrasonic sensor, a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer, a vertical camera and a pressure sensor.
Parrot Rolling Spider Robot - Technical Specifications
- Control: Free piloting app compatible with smartphones and tablets running on IOS, Android and Windows
- Range: Up to 20 meters
- Maximum Speed: 18 km/h (11 mph)
- Connection: Bluetooth Smart technology, Bluetooth v4.0 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Battery: Lithium Polymer and removable. Lasts up to 8 minutes (6 minutes with wheels) and full recharge in 60 minutes
- Indicators: Bicolor LEDs indicate the status of your Rolling spider
- Photo Resolution: 300,000 px
- Weight: 55g (65g with wheels)
- Rolling Spider Diameter: 140 mm
- Propellers’ Diameter: 55 mm
- Motor Spacing: 85 mm
Parrot Rolling Spider Mini Drone Contents:
- 1 x Rolling Spider,
- 1 x Lithium Polymer battery,
- 2 x Removable wheels,
- 1 x Set of stickers,
- 1 x Quick start guide
Parrot Website: http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/rolling-spider/